RULES & REGULATIONS
By entering the International Ramadan Photography Competition, entrants agree (a) to be bound by these Rules; and (b) that the decisions of the Judges are final and binding.
By entering the Competition, entrant acknowledges that the photo submission is an original work created solely by the entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the photograph.
The IRPC reserves the right to disqualify any individual(s), verify the validity and originality of any entry and/or entrant (including an entrant’s identity and address) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Rules or is offensive in any way. StudioBasel has the right to suspend the competition, and will not retain any rights in the submitted photographs if so.
StudioBasel retains the right to publish the Competition entries, to congratulate the winners and to promote future events. Entries may be published by StudioBasel and/or affiliates (the “Authorised Parties”) in any medium, at Authorised Parties’ discretion. By participating, all entrants grant a license in the Entries to the Authorised Parties, and acknowledge that entry may be used in any media at any time, worldwide for the sole purpose of promoting and marketing the Competition. Please click here for a list of FAQ’s.
1. Only photos submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org be considered for publication.
2. Only photographers of the age 18 or older may participate in the competition.
3. Only photos taken during Ramadan 2015 will be considered for publication.
4. Only photos falling under the categories of Architecture, Spirituality, and Culture will be considered for publication.
5. Only digital photos submitted as JPG or JPEG with at least 12 inches on the longest side, 300 dpi JPG compression 10-12 will be considered for publication.
6. Photos with graphic designs, logos or frames will not be accepted.
7. All photos entered into the competition must be original works created solely by the entrant, and must not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
8. All photos must include captions and the following information embedded in the “Description” section of the file metadata as shown below:
– Name: First Last
– Location: Place, City, Country
– Date: 30 June 2015
– Title: Title/ Name of your photo
– Description: The idea / story of your image (keep it short)
9. All images should be named as follows:
If it is your second entry into the IRPC it should be:
10. Each photo must be submitted in a separate email.
11. All photo submissions must include the technical information such as Focal Length , F-Stop, ISO, & Shutter Speed in the file. Please do not remove this data.
12. Photos that do not follow the above submission requirements will not be accepted.
13. No more than 3 photos will be accepted per participant per each day of Ramadan.
14. Photos entered into any other competition or photos that are starkly similar (either by the same photographer or another) to other competition entries will not be accepted or will be disqualified if found to break these rules.
15. Photos that have been obviously manipulated, enhanced, retouched beyond normal practice will not be considered for acceptance.
16. The IRPC will have the nonexclusive, perpetual right to use IRPC photo submissions for promotional and informational purposes, in any media, including, but not limited to: display at exhibitions; publication in the Capture the Spirit of Ramadan Photography Book, the Spirit of Ramadan Magazine, IRPC newsletters and social media platforms; publication in international newspapers and magazines (both digital and print); publication on relative blogs or websites.
Any posts, comments, or photo submissions that are offensive, defamatory, obscene, indecent, unlawful or refer to politics in any way will be immediately deleted. We will also not tolerate hateful comments or abuse pertaining to any worldly religion, sect, minority or ethnic groups.